20 Beauty Uses For Coconut Oil
Posted on 19 September 2015
Coconut oil is one of the world's miracles when it comes to beauty. Inexpensive, easy to purchase and usually bought in a large tub, here are 20 uses for this natural product that will have you running to stock up.
1. Face cream. Used daily, coconut oil acts as an anti-aging face cream and can get rid of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Eye makeup remover. Instead of using harsh chemicals and unknown ingredients, put a little bit of coconut oil on a face wipe or cotton ball to get rid of heavy eye makeup.
3. Lighten age or dark spots. When rubbed into the skin, coconut oil naturally lightens the skin so can help to fix uneven skin tone or to get rid of freckles or dark age spots.
4. Sunscreen. Helps the skin to build up a natural sun tolerance and acts as an SPF 4 sunscreen.
5. Cure your hair. Massaging some coconut oil through your hair will help repair split ends and add moisture to dry or damaged hair. Leave in for 5-10 minutes and rinse out, or leave in overnight to repair deep damage.
6. Get rid of allergies. Rubbing a tiny bit of coconut oil inside your nose will help prevent allergy symptoms. This is a great trick for anyone that suffers from hay fever.
7. Homemade soap bar. Coconut oil can be bought as a solid and can be used as a natural body soap.
8. Resolve acne. Using as part of a skin care regime, coconut oil can help to clear up acne, without drying out the skin.
9. Whiten teeth. Gargling coconut oil with water in your mouth can naturally whiten your teeth. It also helps to strengthen your teeth. Add baking soda to the oil mix for best results.
10. Plump your lips. Use as a daily lip balm, coconut oil will give a tingly sensation and over time can naturally plump up your lips. It also moisturises your lips so is great for winter if your lips tend to get dry or cracked.
11. Lengthen your nails. Rubbing into your hands and nails, coconut oil strengthens the nails and cuticles and keeps them healthy. This will help your nails to grow longer.
12. Clear up cold sores. Apply with a cotton bud to cold sores and they should clear up within 24 hours.
13. Heal your heels. Rub into your cracked heels and coconut oil can help to repair the skin, leaving your feet super smooth.
14. Keep your hair blonde. Rub into your hair before going swimming in chlorine and it can prevent your hair from turning green by acting as a barrier. You can also use on your skin if you are sensitive to chlorine.
15. Shave your legs. Apply instead of a shaving cream and it will help you to get a clean shave, but will also keep your legs moisturised to avoid irritation after shaving.
16. Body moisturiser. You can use coconut oil everywhere to keep your skin hydrated, Remember that a little goes a long way.
17. Cooking. Replace your cooking oil with coconut oil for a healthier alternative. It can also aid weight loss.
18. Clean your brushes. Mix an antibacterial soap with coconut oil and clean out your makeup brushes. It’s natural makeup removing qualities will get all the old makeup out of your brushes but won’t leave them dried up.
19. Freshen your breath. Coconut oil has anti fungal and antibacterial properties so it kills germs quickly. Gargle for 10 minutes, and you’ll be left with a cleaner mouth and fresher breath,
20. Get rid of those stretch marks. Apply to skin as needed to remove the appearance of stretch marks.