How to make...BATH BOMBS!
Posted on 04 July 2016
Bath Bombs are deliciously fragrant, add colour and fun to your bath and can be filled with essential oils that are great for your skin! They also make great gifts for that hard-to-buy-for person in your life. As much as we all love Lush and BodyShop bath bombs - you can make your own for a fraction of the cost. We show you how!
What you’ll need:
(Dependant on the size of your bath bombs, this recipe makes 4 large balls or 6 smaller bath bombs)
- Food colouring - any colour you want!
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of citric acid (this can usually be bought at a supermarket, but try a chemist if you can’t find it)
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup of epsom salts (you can use sea salt if you prefer)
- 2 tsp of essential oil (pick your favourite fragrance. Lavender is devine!)
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- 2 mixing bowls
- a whisk
- a mould (circle moulds are perfect, but you can also try stars and heart moulds if you’re making them as a gift)
What to do:
- Put all of your dry ingredients (baking soda, citric acid, salt) into a mixing bowl and mix them altogether with a whisk.
- In another bowl, mix together all of your liquid ingredients (water, essential oils, olive oils and food colouring)
- Once mixed, slowly begin to add the liquid mix into your dry mix. One spoonful at a time is the best way to do this. Mix as you go.
- Once everything is all mixed together, your mixture should resemble coloured sand. Using a spoon, start putting your mixture into your mould of choice. Make sure you pack this tightly and work quite quickly as the mixture will dry out rather quickly.
- Once you have your mould full, allow to dry. This won’t take long, but for best results, allow a couple of hours before removing your bath bomb from it’s mould.
- Drop into your bath tub for an aroma filled bath bomb experience!
- For kids projects, mix seperate colours before packing into your mould to create rainbow bombs!
- For an extra moisturising bath bomb, you can add cocoa butter or shea butter when mixing in your wet ingredients.
- For a perfect gift idea, make 6 bath bombs of different colours and sit them on tinsel in a box. Almost as good as a bath bomb gift box from lush!